Treceți la conținutul principal

Blogging world

The blogging world is full of surprises and great undiscovered bloggers. I choose not to follow the most known anymore, since they tend to post the same old-same old, starting to get boring. I discovered a few new faces, creative people, lovely girls fresh and optimistic. But that is not the main subject of this post. While browsing some blogs I found the concept of 30 for 30 challenge. Didn't what that was all about, so I start digging. Here is what it is. Hope you'll be as excited as I am:

How to take the 30 for 30 challenge:

1. Take 30 items in your closet.
2. Make 30 outfits. 

If you'd like, give up shopping for the duration of the challenge. Then take that money you've saved and take a bath in it. Or put it in a savings account, whatever you think is the more responsible choice.

The whole point of the remix is to show myself and readers that with a little bit of creativity, you can make what you have work for you.

Interested in joining in? If you don’t have 30 items in your closet, no problem. The best part of remixing is working with what you’ve got. If you’ve got it, let’s remix it. If you have more than 30 items, pick the items that make sense for this remix. This is a challenge to help you learn to shop your closet and to shop smartly. By being well-versed in what you already have, you will become a better shopper. No worries about getting the challenge "just right" -- you can not mess this up. (Unless you accidentally set fire to all of your clothes, then I don't know. That might be messing it up.)

If you decide to not shop during the challenge, I applaud your efforts.  Two reasons I decide not to shop during the challenge: 1) so I learn to shop my own closet and 2) so I actually appreciate said-closet. So many times I've run out and bought a new dress for one event or I bought something because
I felt lacking and not what was in my closet. Obviously, this is not the best solution to a problem. I have found that when I limit myself with shopping, with 30 items, I become so much more aware of what I have versus what I need. By the end of the 30 days, I am ready to shop, but with new eyes of what I really need.

The person who got the idea is Kendi, find her blog here. Thoughts? I think is a genius idea and I'm defintely trying this, posting all on this blog. :) I get really excited when I'm starting new projects, setting tasks to do and deadlines. 
And here comes the nasty part. You know that sale season is only one step away and I got my eyes set upon some great items and I don't feel like I could skip it. So my 30 for 30 challenge will start after the sale season.

 I am such a coward, right?????

Have a fantastic day,
R